Black Country Integrated Care Board (ICB)
Black Country Integrated Care Board is the NHS organisation responsible for commissioning (planning and buying) healthcare services for the health needs of 1.26 million people in the Black Country.
The types of services they commission include:
- Elective hospital care
- Rehabilitation care
- Urgent and emergency care
- Most community health services
- Mental health and learning disability services
Their work is overseen by the Board of the ICB which includes local GPs, NHS and Foundation Trust members, Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council (MBC) representatives, Lay Members and Senior Managers.
The ICB will support the delivery of three system-wide priorities across the Black
Country Integrated Care System (ICS). These are:
- Building healthier, happier communities
- Making the Black Country the best place to work
- Creating a system that is fit for the future.
For the people of:
You can find out more about the Black Country ICB by visiting www.blackcountry.icb.nhs.uk/about-us