Please be assured the surgery will continue working and supporting patients throughout this latest lockdown. We will continue with the current safety measures and processes that we have in place, and we encourage patients to use your NHS appropriately and to manage expectations about the different ways in which the NHS is working.
Our main message is that we are open, but appointments will be triaged on the phone to protect everyone if however, the clinician does feel you need to be seen they will arrange for you to come to the surgery. Please do not ignore any symptoms or concerns you have or postpone seeing a clinician.
The main lockdown restrictions are that:
- People must stay at home except for education purposes, work (if it can’t be done from home), exercise and recreation, medical reasons, shopping for food and other essentials, or to care for others
- All bars, pubs and restaurants must close (takeaways and deliveries can continue)
- All non-essential shops must close (except for click and collect). A full list of business closures will be published and set out in law
- Schools, colleges and universities will remain open; places of worship remain open for individual prayer and funerals
- Workplaces should stay open if people cannot work from home, though the clinically vulnerable are advised not to go into work if they can’t work from home
- Households will not be allowed to mix with others indoors, or in private gardens
- Individuals can meet one other person who is not a member of their household in an outside public space
- Support bubbles can continue, and children can continue to move between homes if their parents are separated
- Outdoor exercise and recreation will be allowed, but gyms must close.
For more information please visit: www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november